November 20: Kings Catch Fire, Down Thunder 117-113
- This was one of those games. Granted, we haven’t had many of them this year, but you got the feeling from the start this was not going to go the Thunder’s way.
- Thunder fans probably think Iman Shumpert is way better than he actually is.
- Shumpert, who averages 9.9 ppg, is averaging 25.5 against the Thunder this season. That’s pretty neat.
- Shump finished with 23 points. Didn’t score at all in the second half, though.
- Russell Westbrook returned from injury. He rocked the baby:
- Nice little game for Hamidou Diallo. 18 points on 7-7 shooting.
- Let me hit you with some okcjim1 foreshadowing…
November 21: Thunder Romp in Oracle, Defeat Warriors 123-95
- Guys, the Thunder blew out the Warriors and hardly anyone cared.
- Don’t give me the “They didn’t have Steph & Draymond” junk. The Thunder didn’t have Alex Abrines. So.
- Oh, and Terrance Ferguson went down after just six minutes.
- Paul George debuted his new PlayStation-themed Nike PG 2.5 sneakers. I don’t think he lit them up during the game. *kicks rocks*
- Dennis Schroder followed up a stinker vs. the Kings with a masterpiece against the Warriors.
- 32 points (12-19), 4 reb, 4 ast… The Schrödie even shot 5-of-6 from long range.
- I really can’t wait to see Warriors/Thunder with both teams at full strength. I’m not saying the Thunder are capable of beating them in a series, but I think it would be interesting.
- For one, the Warriors have absolutely no answer for Steven Adams. Big Kiwi had 20 points and 11 rebounds in this one.
- I don’t care if the following play was an accident or not, Hamidou Diallo is perfect.
- Diallo would later be stretchered off the court after a fall that for sure would have resulted in multiple broken bones if it was my leg.
- Hamidou has apparently escaped with a sprained ankle. Crisis averted. How much of a heartbreaker could that have been? He’s quickly climbing up the rankings of favorite rookies the Thunder have had in quite a while.
- Underrated: The Thunder played strong after what appeared at the time to be a gruesome injury to Diallo. They weathered a strong third quarter surge from Golden State, as well. This ended up being a really good win.
- The Thunder wore their white uniforms with orange sleeves/tights underneath… This has been on my mind all week. I’m still not sure if I liked it or not. Kind of Knicks-ish? Kind of cool too, though?
- Russell Westbrook gave his shoes to a lucky fan as the game was in its final moments. Doug D. points out something I didn’t notice at first:
- Oh and this happened…
November 21: Balanced Thunder Escape Hornets, Win 109-104 in OKC
- I am firmly on team #FreeKemba. Would like to see him elsewhere, or at the least, get him some help in Charlotte.
- The Hornets played Jeremy Lamb 35 minutes in this one.
- Westbrook was pretty great: 30 points, 12 rebounds, 8 assists.
- Schroder (23), George (19), Adams (13), Grant (11); Well-rounded effort by the starters.
- Are the injuries to our guards somewhat of a blessing in disguise? Deonte Burton and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot both got some burn last week and showed plenty of promise. Burton scored 11 points against the Hornets.
- That is the last time you see me type out TLC’s full name.
- I’m afraid we’re getting to a point with Patrick Patterson where people will begin to give up on him.
- 2Pat shot 0-of-3 (0-of-2 from deep) in 12 minutes. He has not made a shot since the last game in Phoenix. He shot 0-14 last week.
- Patterson was 1-of-5 in the game against Phoenix on the 17th, by the way.
- I still have faith in Patterson. But it’s pretty clear that he’s not doing much for the Thunder when he’s not making shots.
November 21: Nuggets Roll in OKC, Down Thunder 105-98
- The Thunder weren’t making shots in this one. They finish the game 37-of-103 from the field, and 9-of-39 from beyond the arc.
- While the Thunder looked bad, I’ve got to give credit where credit’s due: The Nuggets look really good at times.
- I was really impressed with their interior defense, as I can’t remember Steven Adams struggling this much all season. He finished with 12 points and 14 rebounds — but shot just 6-of-15 on the night.
- Find yourself a Raymond Felton:
- Positive: Burton was good again! 8 points on 4-of-6 shooting in 13 minutes of play.
- Disappointing loss to a division rival and a team that should be in the thick of things in the West.
- Westbrook shot 8-of-21 in this one. 1-of-12 from three-point range.
- Westbrook was 7-of-31 (22.5 percent) from deep last week week.
- At times, his shot selection even seemed to halt the Thunder’s momentum. This was one of those “bad Russ” games…. And he knew it:
- I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My grandma went 5-of-5 from the field, delivering fantastically on the stuffing.
- My mom caught me off guard with her Coconut Cream Pie. Definitely in the running for MIPOY. Family Thanksgiving remains undefeated.
- We had a great Black Friday sale in our web store. If you missed it, there’s still some time to hit up our Cyber Monday sale! Use the code CYBERMONDAY and save 25% until midnight.