Contact us to sponsor Daily Thunder’s game day coverage.
7PM @ Chesapeake Energy Arena, Fox Sports Oklahoma ?
Projected starting lineups:
|PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander||PG: John Wall|
|SG: George Hill||SG: Victor Oladipo|
|SF: Lu Dort||SF: Jae’Sean Tate|
|PF: Darius Bazley||PF: P.J. Tucker|
|C: Al Horford||C: Christian Wood|
3 Big Things
- Houston’s Defense: They aren’t world beaters, but the scrappy Rockets suddenly have a top-10 defense. The Thunder’s offense? Bottom-5. Another shootout like Friday’s Nets barnburner is unlikely.
- Home Court: This is the one of two straight games OKC will host Houston, the first time they’ve hosted a home & home series this season. The Thunder are still just 1-6 on the year, so welcoming, and beating, a better team could start to turn around their home woes. Or the Rockets could continue their 5-game winning streak and cement Oklahoma City’s ‘Peake problems.
- SGAll-Star: He should be a legitimate candidate for anyone paying attention, but Shai Gilgeous-Alexander needs to have some more standout nights to garner enough attention to actually show up on many ballots. Win or loss, another 30+ stat-stuffing effort is needed for his All-Star hopes.
Live tweeting & commenting:
- Daily Thunder beat writer Brandon Rahbar covers every game live
- The comments section below will be open until the final buzzer