- I really like third quarters this season. They give me hope when the Thunder are trailing teams like the Magic at halftime.
- Of course, it’d be nice if OKC could just run away with more games. But I’ll take wins no matter how ugly they may be.
- I like seeing Steven Adams try new things. Seems like he’s made a point to run the floor more, and the Kiwi-Step is something of beauty.
- I say it nearly every Monday, but Thunder fans are super spoiled this season. You’re getting unreal seasons from Russ and PG, and that takes center stage. But how great has it been to see Steven grow? To see Ferguson and Grant having the seasons they’re having? 2018-2019 has been a lot of fun, as well.
- See? This stuff is happening more often:
- Another big game late for Dennis Schroder. Seems like the Schrodie shows up at very convenient times for this team.
- Another W for the Thunder. Another triple-double for Russell Westbrook. (His 20th of the season – 7th in a row)
- Before the game, the Thunder posted video of Russell Westbrook getting shots up with baby Noah. It’s the cutest thing I saw all week, so here you go:
- Steven Adams is a national treasure:
- This team really does like playing with one another. It’s really fun for us to watch and pick up on the little “inside jokes” they have. One thing is the Patterson Dunk counter:
- Russell Westbrook was in an incredible mood during this one. At one point he missed a wide open dunk, clanked it hard out of bounds, and responded with this:
- The second half turned into a blowout for the Thunder.
- And while Hamidou Diallo may be the Dunk Contest invite from the Thunder, it was Terrance Ferguson putting on a show in this one.
- And then…
- Another Thunder win. Another Russell triple-double. 8-in-a-row and passes Michael Jordan for sole possession of second place on that list.
- Well. That was something, wasn’t it?
- The first half was a butt-whooping. And honestly, it felt like the Thunder were due one.
- Being down big to the Rockets is the the worrrrrrrst. James Harden is so good, but he’s also so frustrating to watch at times. When you’re down 20 points, it makes you want to throw your remote across the room.
- Things like this:
- And this…
- In the past, for something incredible like a 26-point comeback to happen, you’d expect some amazing feat from Westbrook, Durant, Adams, or George. But that’s why this team is different. OKC is getting BIG shots/moments from guys like Terrance Ferguson, Jerami Grant, and Dennis Schroder as well as superstar heroics. And its happening regularly.
- Heck, Deonte Burton came in and was just fine!
- Did you see the +/- in this one? George +16, Adams +12, Ferguson +16…. Burton +18.
- Again — big play that doesn’t include an All-Star. Ferguson is a baller, you guys:
- Can’t forget about the final Rockets’ possession: Harden gets the switch with Westbrook guarding him. And despite struggles throughout the evening, the Brodie played it perfectly:
- Another Thunder win. Westbrook’s 9th triple-double in a row, tying Wilt Chamberlain for the longest such streak.
- Westbrook’s shooting struggles have been the talk all season. Paul George, who I hear is pretty good at basketball, had this to say after the game:
- The NBA Trade Deadline came and went with no noise from the Oklahoma City Thunder. I think that’s the right call.
- The Thunder still have an opportunity to find someone on the buyout market, although, most of the better wing options have found a home already.
- If you ask me, both PG and Russ were picked entirely too low in the All-Star Draft. Russ was originally picked by Team LeBron but then traded to Team Giannis for Ben Simmons.
- What a steal by Team Giannis, right? Reeeeeaaalllllly trying to not be upset about who was picked over Westbrook and the fact that he was like the 17th selection overall.
- We now get PG and Russ on the same team opposite of LeBron and Kevin Durant.
- Just like that, the Alex Abrines era is over. No one knows what is going on with Alex, and the fact that the Thunder have played this so close to the chest makes one assume that it’s a very personal matter for the 25-year-old Spaniard. I think we can all agree that we’re rooting for him moving forward.
- Do you like highlight reels? I do. We’ve got a new friend helping us over at @UpTheThunder with some fun videos. You guys check out Shane’s work and give him a follow on Twitter:
- Russell Westbrook has to calm down with these Why Not Zer0.2 colorways. I’m not sure how you can’t love these if you grew up in the 90s:
- We’ve got the Blazers and the Pelicans coming up before the All-Star Break… How about some predictions?
- Thunder win vs. the Trail Blazers | 120-118 | 65.3% Confidence | Westbrook breaks the consecutive triple-double record held by Wilt Chamberlain.
- Thunder win @ the Pelicans | 115-101 | 80.3% Confidence | Westbrook gets his 11th straight triple-double and holds the record until the year 2045 when Noah Westbrook goes for 12 straight.
Monday’s Discussion Question:
Who would win in a Dunk Contest that only include players from the Thunder roster? Vote in the poll and let me know your choice in the comments.