Game 7 Pregame Primer: Thunder (2-4) @ Pelicans (4-3)
Contact us to sponsor Daily Thunder’s game day coverage.
7PM @ Smoothie King Center, Fox Sports Oklahoma ?
Projected starting lineups:
|Oklahoma City||New Orleans|
|PG: George Hill||PG: Lonzo Ball|
|SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander||SG: Eric Bledsoe|
|SF: Lu Dort||SF: Brandon Ingram|
|PF: Darius Bazley||PF: Zion Williamson|
|C: Al Horford||C: Steven Adams|
3 Big Things
- Revenge? I know I know, we are supposed to be tanking. I get it, we want the best chance at a high draft pick. But the Thunder did not bring in the New Year in style losing 113-80 to the Pelicans last week. Most games, we look competitive in our defeats; this game was outright demoralizing. Let’s get that bad taste out of our mouth and lose the rest of the 65 games. Or we turn the other cheek, and say, “Thank you sir; may I have another?” Either way is fine, I guess.
- The Dortress: Brandon Ingram poured in 20 points in the beat down of the last matchup. Look for Dort to take him from jump, and make him work for every inch of space.
- Steven Adams… again: The Pels were content with giving Adams a nice revenge game in his first game back to OKC. They went to him early and often to the tune of 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. While the Thunder lack any real rim protection, it will be important to make Adams uncomfortable in the paint. Easier said than done.
Live tweeting & commenting:
- Daily Thunder beat writer Brandon Rahbar covers every game live
- The comments section below will be open until the final buzzer