POSTPONED: Thunder (6-6) vs. 76ers (9-5)
Contact us to sponsor Daily Thunder’s game day coverage.
6PM @ Chesapeake Energy Arena, Fox Sports Oklahoma ?
Projected starting lineups:
|PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander||PG: Ben Simmons|
|SG: George Hill||SG: Tyrese Maxey|
|SF: Lu Dort||SF: Danny Green|
|PF: Darius Bazley||PF: Tobias Harris|
|C: Isaiah Roby||C: Dwight Howard|
- Less is more? No Al Horford for OKC, no Joel Embiid for Philly. Horford also didn’t play Friday, but instead of Mike Muscala, coach Mark Daigneault decided with playing the undersized Isaiah Roby. Roby was able to hold his own on both ends against Wendell Carter Jr. but he’ll have a tough task keeping Dwight Howard off the glass (18 rebounds last night against Jonas Valanciunas and the Memphis Grizzlies) Roby has been a welcome surprise this season; let’s hope he is up for the task again tonight.
- Bounce back Baze? Darius Bazley returned last game from a sprained ankle and looked visibly uncomfortable–timid offensively, and lacking defensively. Coach Daigneault noticed too, and went with the hot hand in Kenrich Williams down the stretch instead of Bazley. After a day’s rest, Bazley faces off against a resurgent Tobias Harris who will look to score more with Embiid out. Baze will need to be on his A Game not only offensively, but defensively to give OKC a chance to win today.
- Shai’s toughest matchup this season? It’s no secret the type of player Ben Simmons is defensively. Making the 2020 All-NBA First Team Defense is a testament to that. Shai has been a revelation in this season, as he continues to grow and improve seemingly every game. What happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object? Find out tonight.
Live tweeting & commenting:
- Daily Thunder beat writer Brandon Rahbar covers every game live
- Alex Roig is running the Daily Thunder Twitter handle tonight
- The comments section below will be open until the final buzzer