Game 11 Pregame Primer: Thunder (5-5) vs. Lakers (9-3)
Contact us to sponsor Daily Thunder’s game day coverage.
7PM @ Chesapeake Energy Arena, Fox Sports Oklahoma ?
Projected starting lineups:
|Oklahoma City||Los Angeles|
|PG: George Hill||PG: Dennis Schroder|
|SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander||SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope|
|SF: Lu Dort||SF: LeBron James|
|PF: Darius Bazley||PF: Anthony Davis|
|C: Isaiah Roby||C: Marc Gasol|
3 Big Things
- Win At Home: The Thunder are yet to win a home game this season. I like to think it’s because they miss us as much as we miss them. Their 0-4 home record is the worst in the NBA and it won’t be easy to get a home win against the Lakers tonight. The Lakers are on a three-game win streak and have a 6-0 record on the road.
- SGA Star Status: Despite the loss to the Spurs last night, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had one of the most efficient and overall well-played games of his career. He scored 20 points on 5-7 shooting from the field and had zero trouble getting to the rim and free throw line. He played with exceptional confidence, but fumbled some opportunities to beat the Spurs late in the fourth quarter.
- Hamidou or Hamidon’t: While Hamidou Diallo didn’t set another career-high last night, he still put up 16 points off the bench and had zero mercy on the rim per usual. The question on everyone’s mind is if his elevated play is sustainable or just a hot streak. Diallo struggled during his first two seasons with the Thunder, but it appears the increased responsibility and opportunities to succeed have helped Diallo improve substantially. I’m still not convinced he’s the real deal (Crossbolts plug), but I’d like to be proved wrong.
Live tweeting & commenting:
- Daily Thunder beat writer Brandon Rahbar covers every game live
- Cray Allred is running the Daily Thunder Twitter handle tonight
- The comments section below will be open until the final buzzer